No search results. Change your keywords and try again.
Dunamis – The Power of God II - Empowered in Counsel/Worship.
The Holy Spirit Empowers us.
- Dunamis: (miraculous) power, might, strength.
- We need the Dunamis of God to fulfil his calling in our lives.
Empowering is often missing, but is so needed in:
1. The area of Discerning Vision for a local Assembly.
2. The area of Evangelism.
3. The area of Preaching.
4. The area of Discipling and Counsel.
5. The area of Worship.
What should we see in Spirit led Worship?
· Worship happens when the Holy Spirit in us calls us to magnify the Father and lift up the Son - Jesus Christ.
· Worship involves a celebration of one’s saving relationship with the Lord and of His ongoing presence with them.
· To Worship is to remember.
· To worship is to join in unity with God’s people.
· The Holy Spirit empowers our worship.
· Spirit led worship is Christ centred.
· A Spirit led worship service lifts up and exalts Christ.
Dunamis – The Power of God I - Empowered in Preaching/Vision/Outreach.
- We need the Dunamis of God to fulfill his calling in our lives.
- The effective Christian knows where the power of God is moving, and knows how to go with the power.
- If Jesus didn’t minister until he had the empowering of the Spirit, how could you and I ever hope to?
He Empowers us in 3 basic ways:
Power is Knowing What to do.
Power is Knowing When to do It.
Empowered is the Ability to be Fruitful and Effective.
The area of Discerning Vision for a local Assembly.
The area of Evangelism.
The area of Preaching.
The preaching we need to hear is what God is saying to, and wanting to do, in a local assembly.
Primary Sources God uses to impart to us a knowledge of His will:
1. The Bible.
2. The Burden.
3. The Bearings.
What are the Circumstances of our lives, Through which God imparts Direction to us, and Helps us find our Bearings?
God may direct us through Circumstances:
i). Not every Circumstance is something God is Orchestrating.
ii). But some things Don’t Just happen.
God can work Circumstances to do a couple of things:
a. God may use Circumstances to Confirm our Path.
b. God may use Circumstances to Change our Path.
c. Circumstances by Themselves are Not Reliable indicators of God’s leading.
You need to Line Up All Three of these primary sources God uses to impart to us a knowledge of His will.
Primary Sources God uses to impart to us knowledge of His will:
A burden is a Divinely initiated and Sustained Impression on my
spirit that a particular matter is God’s will for me.
How can we seek to describe the Spirit’s work in our hearts in this:
i). An Inner Voice is Not always from God.
ii). If something is of God it will Agree with Scripture.
iii). If something is of God it will be Confirmed by Reality.
The Bible must be Read to be Helpful.
It must be read Personally.
As you read the Word you will Increase your Discernment.
Read the Bible to:
a. Take Advantage of Pre-ploughed Ground.
b. Find Revelation, Not an Echo.
c. Develop a Biblical Mindset.
A burden is a Divinely initiated and Sustained Impression on my spirit that a particular matter is God’s will for me.
Discerning is an ability given by the Holy Spirit.
Discernment is a Spirit given ability working in and through human Intelligence that Enables us to Identify God’s Word and God’s Will.
Some foundational spiritual disciplines that will allow us to grow in our Spirit given ability to have discernment.
1. Pray for Discernment.
2. Seek to Know God.
3. Surrender Your Will.
4. Walking in the Fullness of the Holy Spirit.
5. Trust God – Even when we don’t Understand.
6. Don’t Fret over Mixed Feelings.
Roughness on a road does Not necessarily mean you’re on the Wrong road.
7. Develop a Ministry Mindset.
Our Affections Drive our discernments.
They will Drive your Ability to accept a Ministry.
Detours in no particular order:
1. Biblical “Chocolate Wheel”
2. Peace as Ultimate Proof.
3. Laying Out A Fleece.
4. Seeking Signs.
5. Bible By-Pass.
6. Infatuation with the Unusual.
7. Prophetic word syndrome.
Discerning the will of God correctly is very important.
Working Definition: The will of God is His Ongoing Expression of Love through the Directives of the Word and the Holy Spirit.
Everything God does is an Expression or Extension of His Love.
We need never Fear the will of God because it is His ongoing Expression of Love for you.
3 Types of God’s will.
1. The Intentional Will of God.
2. The Circumstantial Will of God.
3. The Ultimate Will of God.
The Bible is so Unique because of the Ministry of the Holy Spirit.
1. The Holy Spirit Inspires the Scriptures.
Inspiration is about the way in which God’s Self Revelation has come to be Expressed in the Words of the Bible.
2. The Holy Spirit Illuminates the Scriptures.
Because of the Ministry of the Holy Spirit to us the Scriptures can Relate to people of every Race and Culture in the world.