The Alliance Stand
What The Alliance believes about God, how He relates to us, and how we relate to Him is foundational in its teachings. The Alliance wholeheartedly serves God and the people of His world, based soundly on the Bible. We live and die by these words and believe they bring the only life worth living—one wholly committed to the King Jesus.
There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Our Statement of Faith
ABOUT OUR LOGO
The Australian Alliance is part of a Christ-centred, Mission-focused and Spirit-empowered global movement more than 6 million strong. We are inspired by Jesus’ love and empowered by His Spirit and are passionate about bringing the good news about Him to our neighbourhoods and world.
Our Alliance family celebrates Jesus—the image of the invisible God, the Lord of all Creation!
“For in Christ, all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness.” Colossians 2:9-10
Our heartbeat is to know Jesus as our:
The cross symbolises the salvation that is provided only through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
The laver, a ceremonial basin, symbolises the sanctifying grace of God that provides daily cleansing from sin through the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit.
1 Thes 5:23-24
1 Cor 1:30
The pitcher of oil symbolises the power of the Holy Spirit and the provision of anointing for healing.
The crown symbolises the return of Jesus Christ as King of Kings. Christ’s return will be personal and visible.
Because of who He is and what He’s done, we are compelled to “go!” Humbled by the open invitation He extends to us—what we call the Great Commission—we join Him in His work to restore and reconcile lost and broken people to Himself.
Read our statement of faith for more on what we believe.
In Australia, our Alliance family extends His love to everyone we meet - Everyone, Everywhere, All the Time; we walk with our neighbours through the challenges life brings, introducing them to the One who offers true hope. We plant churches, preach the Word, make disciples and mentoring new believers to become healthy, passionate Jesus followers.
Our Alliance family sends and supports Alliance international workers through the placement of workers, establishing partnerships, releasing professionals and supporting projects. We care for the sick, befriend the lonely, and introduce spiritually impoverished people to the One who releases us all from the curse of sin and the sting of death.
Acts 1:8 is in our DNA. We are convinced it is only by the Holy Spirit’s empowerment that we can fully express Jesus’ love, compassion, and mercy to those who do not know Him.
“… But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
About the C&MA
The Christian and Missionary Alliance or Alliance, is a movement centred on Jesus Christ focused on His Kingdom and mission. We exist to fulfil God’s mission on earth bringing the Good News of Jesus to Australia and beyond.
In Australia the Alliance is a multi-ethnic movement with more than 80 congregations in most states and territories. Internationally there are about 22,000 churches in 88 countries with more than 6 million Christians worshipping in Alliance churches worldwide.
Jesus gave his very life for us and he is the Saviour, Sanctifier, Healer and Coming King. He has called us to share the story of His life, death and resurrection with others. The passion to share His story is fuelled by our desire to live the “deeper life” — a commitment to a growing and abiding relationship with Jesus.
- To be a part of the worshipping community of God's people, who delight in the redeemed life we experience as individuals and in the fellowship of the church, which by God's abundant grace is richly endowed with spiritual gifts;
- To proclaim the truth of God's Word and to disciple people of all nations, particularly where Christ has not been named, emphasising the atoning work and Lordship of Jesus Christ, the person and work of the Holy Spirit, and looking for the coming of the Lord;
- To establish local churches throughout Australia;
- To teach and train believers for the ministries of the Church at home and overseas;
- To establish and nurture churches related in fellowship with The Christian and Missionary Alliance around the world, dedicated to evangelism and missions.
- God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Lord Jesus Christ who saves us, sanctifies us, heals us and is coming again.
- The verbal inspiration of the Holy Scriptures as originally given.
- The vicarious atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The eternal salvation of all who believe in Him and the eternal punishment of all who reject Him.
Want to know more? Download and see our doctrinal statement on the left.
View Christmas Story Book here